Intellectual Development through purposeful play;
- Language Development; This is the age where most toddlers achieve their speech milestones and their vocabulary begins to increase. We understand this language burst and engage them in activities that provide them communication opportunities.
- Conceptual learning; At this age children are able to identify colours, shapes and sizes, we immerse them in different ways to continually challenge their application of these concepts.
Self Help Skills
- Fine Motor Skills; The best way to learn is through one's five senses, hence we have creative activities such as dough play, jigsaw puzzles, arts and crafts and sand play to ensure that children grasp the concept of what is being taught through real-life experiences.
- Gross Motor skills; There have been never a still a toddler and thus getting children to move is a must! They have plenty of energy that should be channelled in the right way. Our activities allow the child to explore their physical ability which enables them to perform everyday tasks such as walking, running, skipping, hopping.
Social and emotional development; For us this would be one of the most important areas, as a child's emotional well-being determines their ability to be a socially dynamic and an eager learner. Using activities we foster the confidence in kids to share their feelings, engage in deeper interactions with their friend, develop a positive self image and therefore nurturing their ability towards independence.
- Social Intelligence; We believe that instilling basic moral values such as respect, empathy and minding one's Ps and Qs should begin at an early age, so that these values stay on with the child for a long time to come. They are not "taught" to the children, instead we instil them in their everyday actions with us, so that it becomes a natural reflex for the children.
Our Dedication to you.
Big Foot’s innovative and evidence based literacy programs are unique in these ways:
- They promote creativity, interactive learning and child-centred activities.
- Teachers impart concepts and are encouraging and promote the idea of self-learning.
- Oral language, phonics, reading, comprehension, spelling and creative writing are all woven in; thereby making this a
total literacy program.
- Our Jolly Phonics programme is proven to help children perform at a level at least 1 year ahead of their academic year level.
- Our literacy program for reading skills will afford your kids an appreciation of quality literature, increase comprehension & fluency & lead children to a lifelong love of reading!
- Our programmes are catered for children of all learning abilities.
- We believe that the tripartite relationship between the child, parents and staff is integral to the growth and development of the child. We place a great emphasis on ensuring that the learning environment is as conducive as possible to meet every child's needs and interest